These are our favorite go to on a morning I haven’t bulked up my sourdough starter for sourdough pancakes! We top these with some basic syrup for everyday, or for birthdays we top with fresh fruit, chocolate chips or mini candies like those little lovely candy coated rainbow colored chocolate and whip cream. Sometimes we heat the syrup with frozen berries on the stove over a med-low heat. Possibilities are endless!
6 cups flour (any kind works, I’ve tried white flour, fresh ground wheat flour or a combination of the 2)
* 3 tsp pink salt
* 3 tsp baking soda
* 6 cups buttermilk ( I usually make it with 6 tbsp vinegar in a 8c measuring cup then top off to the 6 c mark.
* 3 eggs
* 3 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
Mix the flour and salt together
2. Dump in the baking powder and milk, mix
3. mix in the eggs and milk
4. Lastly, add the oil
5. Ladleon to oiled cooking surface, we use a lot of cast iron around here, when pancakes are starting to dry at the edges and bubbles are popping, flip and let cook till golden
These bake up much faster at muffins but feel free to use this as a banana bread, I can get 3 loaves in my 12×4 in loaves but in a standard 9×5 loaf pan you should be able to get 4. Fill the bread pans no more than 2/3 full though!
3 c of sugar
* 2 c softened butter
* 8 eggs
* 8 ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 1/3 milk ( regular, or unsweetend almond or cashew milk)
* 4 tsp vanilla, homemade is my favorite and so easy! Honestly I don’t really measure…
* 8 c flour
* 4 tsp baking soda
* 2 tsp salt
* 2 c chocolate chips, or the mini ones, you could sup nuts here too, or do a combo of both!
Preheat oven to 350
2. spray your muffin pans (i like the large 24 cup pans for this) – alternatively you could use paperliners, but why?!
3. Cream together your butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy
4. Add in eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla
5. Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt – DO NOT OVER MIX
6. Fold in the chocolate chips
7. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or my favorite “cookie scoop” scoop batter into muffin holes and bake for 25 – 30 min
8. let cool in the pan for 10 min if you are not using the paper liners before removing to a cooling rack, or slathering on a bit of butter and sipping some black coffee
If you make these let me know how they turned out for you! I just remembered I need to go get my last bag out of the freezer for tomorrow. God bless!